Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bali Poi Training with Nick Woolsey




It .. was .. amazing! I experienced nearly two weeks of intensive poi practice with the world's most incredible poi instructor in one of the world's most beautiful locations!

I had been wanting to learn from Nick for years -- there was something about his spinning style (in his videos that I'd seen) that told me he was my kind of poister, and was I ever right! The direction in which he takes poi matches mine exactly, and it was thrilling to work with him and learn from him.

As a surprise bonus, I got to appear as a demonstrator in some the instructional videos he was filming while I was there. Whoa! I'm going to try my best to solidify all of the beginnings he offered me, and look forward to going back for more!

No comments: